Monday 22 February 2016

I'll not resign as PDP chair- Ali-Modu Sheriff, insists he has nothing to do with Boko Haram

Embattled Chairman of PDP, Ali Modu Sheriff, says he will not be resigning from his position as the party's Chairman despite the public outcry by some members since his appointment. Sheriff stated this at the PDP secretariat in Abuja shortly after he officially took over the party leadership.
“I won’t resigned because the leadership of the party, in their wisdom, chose me to lead the PDP for the purpose of rebuilding and repositioning the party at this critical period,”he said.

Reacting to allegations that he is a sponsor of the Insurgency group, Boko Haram, Sheriff said
“Boko Haram killed my own brother. They killed members of my family, so why should I sponsor people to kill my own brother, my own family. I am not a fanatic. I love to enjoy my life. Boko Haram are criminals who live in the bush and eat once a day. I believe their sponsors will be caught at the end of the day. I have nothing to do with Boko Haram,” he said. He singled out a former Aviation Minister, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, among the people linking him with the terror sect, saying “this time around, people like Fani-Kayode will not go scot free.”

No comments:

Post a Comment